Your donation will change the lives of people with type 1 diabetes, empowering them and changing policies and practice. Here's what your donation could do:
- £5 ($7) send our advocacy toolkit and resources to 5 people, giving them the knowledge and confidence to stand up for their rights
- £10 ($13) set up a support and advocacy group, sharing tools and resources (£10/month could support the ongoing costs of the group to meet and plan their advocacy strategy)
- £15 ($20) a local volunteer to provide vital information and support for people with diabetes in an under-resourced area (£15/month could mean regular journeys to most-needed areas)
- £30 ($40) a local organiser for a diabetes advocacy strategy session (£30/month could support travel costs for people with type 1 diabetes to attend that session)
- £50 ($66) a group advocacy workshop (including a safe meeting space, advocacy resources and action plans)
A monthly gift is the best way to support us. It means we can plan ahead better.
£10 a month is only £2.50 per week and .33 per day. For some, that's relatively small change, but it will make a huge change in the lives of people with type 1 diabetes.
‘’Campaigning and influencing can be one of the most cost effective ways of achieving impact on the issues…delivering sustainable change to the benefit of millions of people.’’ – National Council of Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
T1International works with whole communities and pushes for lasting change for people with type 1 diabetes. We are a small organisation with big expertise and a wide reach. We have shown our commitment and skill through our extensive global network and comprehensive knowledge of the issues (with an understanding that there is always so much more to learn).
Our contacts in over 50 countries allow us to work with policy makers, civil society and campaigning organisations, governments, students, international institutions and others for a world where no one dies because they can't afford insulin, supplies, medical care or diabetes education.
‘’T1International is one of the few diabetes initiatives that supports and involves diabetics from all parts of the world and tries to understand what people with diabetes in different countries go through…’’ – Yemurai, Zimbabwe