With Stripe, you can make a monthly donation and/or add a note to let us know why you're donating or if you're giving on behalf of someone.
At the top right of the page (under the banner picture, next to 'send message') you can make your fee-free donation on Facebook.
Your donation will change the lives of people with type 1 diabetes, empowering them and changing policies and practice. Here's what your donation could do:
- £5 ($7) send our advocacy toolkit and resources to 5 people, giving them the knowledge and confidence to stand up for their rights
- £10 ($13) set up a support and advocacy group, sharing tools and resources (£10/month could support the ongoing costs of the group to meet and plan their advocacy strategy)
- £15 ($20) a local volunteer to provide vital information and support for people with diabetes in an under-resourced area (£15/month could mean regular journeys to most-needed areas)
- £30 ($40) a local organiser for a diabetes advocacy strategy session (£30/month could support travel costs for people with type 1 diabetes to attend that session)
- £50 ($66) a group advocacy workshop (including a safe meeting space, advocacy resources and action plans)
A monthly gift is the best way to support us. It means we can plan ahead better.
£10 a month is only £2.50 per week and .33 per day. For some, that's relatively small change, but it will make a huge change in the lives of people with type 1 diabetes.
‘‘Campaigning and influencing can be one of the most cost effective ways of achieving impact on the issues…delivering sustainable change to the benefit of millions of people.’’ – National Council of Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
Unlike almost every other diabetes non-profit, we do not accept money from pharmaceutical companies or any other body that we feel might influence our ability to speak out and push for change. We pride ourselves on not compromising our ability to advocate.
T1International values integrity and community above all else. We believe strongly that community empowerment leads to long-term change. Donations of insulin and supplies can be life prolonging, but that is not a long-term solution. At T1International, we are fighting for a world where no one has to rely on donated supplies or wait and fear whether their next bottle of insulin will be supplied to them.
‘‘T1International is one of the few diabetes initiatives that supports and involves diabetics from all parts of the world and tries to understand what people with diabetes in different countries go through…’’ – Yemurai, Zimbabwe
Want to set up a page for donations in memory of a loved one? JustGiving makes it simple. Set up an account or log in and choose T1International as the receiving charity. If you have any questions about this or would like to talk about options for collecting memorial donations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also wish to visit our legacy page.