Contact Indiana #insulin4all
Follow us on Twitter @INinsulin4all and Facebook for updates about campaigns and advocacy in our region. Get in touch with us via email at [email protected] if you want to get involved.
Indiana was formerly part of the KOI Chapter. Visit the Ohio and Kentucky pages to learn more about those Chapters.
About the Insulin Price Crisis
- Since the 1990s, the cost of insulin has increased over 1,200%, yet the cost of production for a vial of analog insulin is between $3.69 and $6.16.
- Spending by patients with type 1 diabetes on insulin nearly doubled from 2012 to 2016, increasing from $2900 to $5700.
- One of every four patients with type 1 diabetes has had to ration their insulin due to cost. Many have died.
About the Chapter
We are a group of volunteer advocates working on #insulin4all action in Indiana to raise awareness about the insulin price crisis and push for transparency and lower insulin prices.
- We promote awareness of the pricing-gouging practices of insulin manufacturers and the financial burden it creates for people with diabetes.
- We empower individuals impacted by the high price of insulin to share their stories and fight for change toward making life-saving insulin affordable.
Visit the #insulin4all action page for more info about the issues and tools to help you take action.