Contact Kentucky #insulin4all
Follow us on Twitter @KYinsulin4all and Facebook for updates about campaigns and advocacy in our region.
Get in touch with us via email at KOI.email@example.com if you want to get involved.
Kentucky was formerly part of the KOI Chapter. Visit the Ohio and Indiana pages to learn more about those Chapters.
About the Insulin Price Crisis
- Since the 1990s, the cost of insulin has increased over 1,200%, yet the cost of production for a vial of analog insulin is between $3.69 and $6.16.
- Spending by patients with type 1 diabetes on insulin nearly doubled from 201 to 2016, increasing from $2900 to $5700.
- One of every four patients with type 1 diabetes has had to ration their insulin due to cost. Many have died.
About the Chapter
We are a group of advocates working on #insulin4all action in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana advocating for transparency and lower insulin costs. We are made up of volunteers who are passionately doing this work in addition to our day jobs.
- We promote awareness of the pricing-gouging practices of insulin manufacturers and the financial burden it creates for people with diabetes.
- We empower individuals impacted by the high price of insulin to share their stories and fight for change toward making life-saving insulin affordable.